Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge January Reveal and Blog Hop

Welcome 2017!
Happy New Year, scrappy friends!

It's been a wonderful Christmas season and as usual, I'm not even close to ready for ending it.
The real tree will come down soon as we ended up with a particularly dry one this year, but my little alpine tree and other wintry decorations will stay until after Valentine's Day.  It's a long winter here in the northeast so the glimmer of lights and the bit of greenery (even if it's artificial) 
helps to keep the winter blahs away.

Speaking of green, have you seen the January inspiration for Counterfeit Kit Challenge?
Our Master Forger, Julene chose a wonderful kit full of green from down under where they are experiencing summer right now.  Let's take a look at these pretty pieces...


I always enjoy some Kaisercraft goodies and while I have some older pieces in my stash, I was inspired by the green in this kit and my longing to hang on to the greenery of Christmas.

Here's my take on the inspiration...


Here's the paper by Carta Bella that started off my kit.  Green, of course!

The plaid piece and the sticker sheet, along with the paper above are also by Carta Bella.  I decided to use this trio as the base of my kit.

I love the texture of this paper.  A snuggly cable knit sweater!  Paper by Little Yellow Bicycle

I subbed this cork paper for the burlap.

Here are some close ups of B sides and the sticker sheet.






While not an overwhelmingly green kit, the starting point was definitely based on green.  I know I'll enjoy using these winter inspired papers and supplies to keep the
 spirit of the holiday going all winter long.

Hope you are inspired to create a kit that suits you!

Looking forward to seeing your kit on the January Mr. Linky.

Please be sure to visit all of the Master Forgers and our special guest designer
 and faithful participant, Cindy F. 
 Welcome, Cindy!

Here's the blog hop order...


10 comments:

  1. You're sure to make some wonderfully festive pages with those papers. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the warm, cosy feel of your kit. It looks perfect for scrapbooking wintery walks and home comforts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the textures and patterns of your papers! So gorgeous! and the snuggly cable knit sweater paper is perfect! Can't wait to see the lovely pages you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can almozt imagine the page(z) from your kit! I DO have the perfect photo for the hat paper, hehe... a little blackmail there! Of courze, you have the counterpoint photo of ME - they cancel each other out, lol :D A delightfully cozy collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kit looks like you could just wrap up in it and stay cozy all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is really pretty - so on trend. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to be able to hang onto your Christmas season a bit longer with those very festive papers. Great kit. Love the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kit is so warm and cozy! Definitely appropriate for this time of year. Hope you have some time to settle in and scrap with it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely kit, looking forward to seeing your creations.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete