Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge September Reveal and Blog Hop

And just like that...we are at the end of summer!  How did THAT happen?

September is here and the kids are going back to school.  

We did just squeeze in a final trip to the beach with extended family which really pushed my time limits in getting this kit done.  Packing up for a week at the beach is no easy task (think:  sheets, towels, food, meal prep. as the in laws like to eat in and the list goes on).  My joke is that this isn't a vacay...it is a TRIP!  Anyway, I came home early to get my son off to his first day of school (yes, the in laws booked the TRIP without realizing that he would be going back to school) and my husband and daughter will finish out the week with the fam.  I had my papers chosen, but couldn't pull it all together before we left.  So, I was fighting for daylight to photograph and you will have to forgive the rather dark photos and brief blog post.

Master Forger Margie chose Felicity Jane's August Kit as our inspiration.


Here is my take on the kit...a nod to the last sweet days of summer.





My apologies for not taking you through my process of choosing my kit.  Working against the clock to get this done and my DS ready for his first day of school tomorrow.  I found a doctored up version of Dear Lizzie's Neapolitan collection made a great starting point and worked from there.  In the meantime, sit back and enjoy the hop with some Sweet Tea and then be sure to share your take on the CKC Linky.


Here's the blog order...starting with our guest designer, Nicole.  
Welcome, Nicole!  Hope you have a fun month creating with us!








12 comments:

  1. What a pretty mix of pastels and brights! You definitely matched the patterns of the inspiration and I really like that fun little box of embellishments. The bows and little trims are quite "Felicity Jane". Another fun and refreshing reveal, just like a glass of sweet tea on a hot summer afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "sweet" and pretty kit! This kit lent itself very well to using up our Dear Lizzy stashes! Love all of your little bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE are those glasses? Sweet Tea is an oh-so-clever title :) Hope Tim has a fab first day at the new school & that you get some happy scrappy time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked last night but couldn't get it to properly load.Love your pastel take on this kit.Those papers are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even under time pressure, you don't disappoint! The last days of summer are really summed up in your pretty - and manageable like the look of it - kit. Such lovely colours and I love the starting point of the Dear Lizzy collection. Three layouts this month?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - you did well under some serious time pressure - I hope your son enjoys his first day back at school and you get a little scrappy time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your kit, and hope your son had a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sweet tea and I love your kit--especially the daisies and Scrabble letters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty kit and so sweetly staged, as always. I loved Dear Lizzy's Neopolitan line, good choice! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful kit. As always an amazing presentation!
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet little kit :) Yes the pressure of vacation :) now time for the real vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfectly showcased and very sweet indeed :)

    ReplyDelete