Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Orange Crush...another layout!

Hi there.  Just a quick post to share my 4th layout using my March Counterfeit Kit, "Orange Crush". My main inspiration for this layout was the fan embellishment.  I knew right away it would be a photo of my Dad since he was my biggest fan and supporter in my life, but I didn't necessarily have this one in mind.  I was actually looking for other photos when I came across this one and there was that serendipity again!  PERFECT!


I miss this guy so much.  Sigh...

Anyway, it's hard not to notice all that plaid in the photo!  Perhaps not the most flattering position for me to be sitting, but I think it is just the sweetest photo of the two of us.  It got me thinking of the prompt over at Whimsical Musings (the prompt I contributed a while back) about being inspired by plaid.  BINGO!  A "two-fer" layout is born!

Have you been over to Whimsical Musings?  It's a fun and free challenge site run by fellow Master Forger, Lisa.  Master Forger Leslie and I give her a hand with prompts and housekeeping things.  You MUST check it out as another wonderful and inspirational resource for your scrapping.  We would love for you to stop by!

Speaking of stopping by...thanks for popping in over here.  

Lynnette

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the combo of the orange, pink and blue. You are blessed to have had such a wonderful dad. Love the wavey journal box flowing from the fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors - those pops of the blue set everything off beautifully! What a sweet photo - I know how much you miss him every day *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you used the frame to highlight the two of you and the journaling piece looks like it could be the breeze blowing from that cute fan. I also like the way you clustered embellishments on the doily - such a sweet layout! Sounds like a very special man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous Lynette.Yes it is a good photo of the 2 of you & I like your heartfelt journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. like the 3D on this, it really pops.

    ReplyDelete