Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

CKC Challenge #1 - Inspired by Jewelry

Do you have this month's kit assembled yet?  My "Denim and Chambray Soiree" is ready, but I have a confession to make.  I used last month's kit, "Spa Retreat" for October's Challenge #1.  GASP!  You see last month's kit was full of all this great turquoise and since I wanted to feature my extra special gift from my bestie Tara, I just HAD to.  I'm sure you'll forgive me, right?

As soon as Tara handed me the classic turquoise box with the satin white ribbon for my birthday I knew where it came from.  Yes, that's right.  Tiffany & Co.  It wasn't even one of those milestone birthdays.  That was last year and she treated me to a scrap weekend getaway.  I'm not sure why she spoils me so much because our friendship is gift enough.

So, this month's layout is inspired by that classic turquoise jewelry box with the white satin ribbon.  Take a look:


I even used the white satin ribbon from the box on my layout. 


I am blessed.  And not because she bought me a beautiful necklace from a posh jewelry store, but because she is one of the most giving, loving, positive, hardworking, dedicated, and caring people I know.  
Love you, Tara.  You are a classic friend.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Aw how lovely to have that wonderful connection - great layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout. Such beautiful design and colors. You did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful gift, beautiful friendship, and a beautiful layout. Thank you for sharing this moment with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always using older CKC kits for current challenges! I figure it's all good! This is a beautiful layout highlighting a beautiful relationship. And yes, there's something very special about seeing that Tiffany blue box and white satin ribbon! I am lucky enough to have received one or two of them myself and it never fails to give me a thrill! What a lovely layout Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are soooo lucky and I adore that layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! Good friends are such a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... Love that pic! The bow is per-fec-tion with your Tiffany box - wowwa!
    Gorgeous page :~)

    ReplyDelete